Voiding Sales by Owner

When an agreement to sell a vehicle falls through after the owner has completed the Assignment of Title section on the back of the Title document, the space set aside for the owner's assignment is no longer available for a subsequent assignment. A Notarized Affidavit of Correction cannot be used by an owner to void a sale. In this situation, the owner must do the following:

1.  Submit an Application for Duplicate Title

2.  Submit the voided Title

3.  Pay the Duplicate Title fee. Please see the Title Fees section for the applicable fee


The owner must wait to receive the duplicate title before the vehicle can be sold.