The Registry of Motor Vehicles Title Division oversees the titling of vehicles in Massachusetts. The Title Division is responsible for enforcing Title-related laws, policies, and rules set forth by both Registry of Motor Vehicles Regulations and Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 90D.
This section provides a description of general Title information such as:
This section also provides current Registry of Motor Vehicles Title Division laws, policies, and regulations regarding:
• The salvage process for total loss vehicles
• The process of transferring a vehicle between owners
• Correcting any errors or amending any information on a Title
• How to obtain historical information on a Title
• The issuance of vehicle identification numbers assigned by the state of Massachusetts
• Branding a Title
Please see the individual sections for specific policies and requirements for each area of Title Policy.