Street Rods

A street rod is a motor vehicle for which the year of manufacture is prior to 1949, and which has been altered from the manufacturer’s original design or has a body constructed from non-original materials.


To register a street rod, a customer must present all of the following documents:

1.  A completed RMV-1 Form

2.  The completed Application for Replacement of Vehicle Identification Number with the Massachusetts assigned Vehicle Identification Number written on it (if applicable). Please see the Massachusetts Assigned Vehicle Identification Number section for more information

3.  Previous Certificate of Title