The Medical Affairs has determined that a customer who suffers from a musculo-skeletal condition as severe as to prevent him/her from performing self-care may be functionally unable to operate a motor vehicle safely. Therefore, he/she requires an individual assessment of his/her operating ability in the form of a medical certification from a health care provider.
A customer who is medically determined to have a musculo-skeletal condition which renders him/her unable to perform self-care is eligible for a Class D, Class M, or Class D/M permit/license if his/her health care provider provides a written statement with all of the following to the Medical Affairs:
1. The customer's name and date of birth
2. The status of the customer's musculo-skeletal condition
3. Accompanying symptomatology
4. A list of medications and dosages
5. A certification that, to a reasonable degree of medical certainty, the customer is medically qualified to operate a motor vehicle safely and the customer's medications and dosages will not interfere with the safe operation of a motor vehicle
A health care provider may use the Registry of Motor Vehicles' Medical Evaluation Form to deliver this evaluation.