Massachusetts Incorporated Company and Limited Liability Company Requirements

An Incorporated Company or Limited Liability Company is a business that is registered with the Massachusetts Secretary of State’s Corporations Division.


The following required documentation must be presented at an RMV Service Center when registering and/or titling a vehicle in the name of an Incorporated Company or Limited Liability Company:

      Title or Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin, or other documents if required assigned to the corporation

      An RMV-1 Form listing the name of the Corp/Co/Organization in the Corp/Co/Organization Name section of form and the Tax Identification Number (TIN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN)

      Proof of Tax Identification Number (TIN)