Government Agencies

If the purchaser of a vehicle is the United States, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, or a respective subdivision or agency, an exemption from a sales/use tax will be granted. Other states are not exempt.


Required documents for this exemption:

      A completed RMV-1 Form

      A completed affidavit on agency letterhead may be required when the agency is not easily recognizable as part of the federal or Massachusetts government.