Disabled Veterans

Veterans who have disabled veteran plates are eligible for a tax exemption on the purchase of a motor vehicle. This exemption applies only to one motor vehicle at a time, which must be owned and registered for the personal, non-commercial use of the purchaser or transferee.


The motor vehicle must be registered and/or titled in only the name of the individual claiming the disability, unless it is to be registered and/or titled in the names of a husband and wife.


The customer must be issued a disabled veteran plate through the Medical Affairs of the Registry of Motor Vehicles.


Please see the Disabled Veteran Plate section for more information.