1. Is classified according to the American Heart Association (AHA) functional classification system as an American Heart Association functional Class III or IV heart patient
2. Has had an implanted cardiac defibrillator placed for a "sudden death event" in which case he/she will not be eligible for an active School Bus, 7D, or 7D½ school pupil transport vehicle certificate until a six month period during which there is documentation of no episodes of appropriate device firing
A customer who was formerly deemed ineligible for a School Bus, 7D, or 7D½ school pupil transport vehicle certificate due to his/her Automated Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator or classification as a Class III or IV heart patient, and who is now eligible, must submit a written statement from his/her health care provider to the Registry of Motor Vehicles which indicates that:
1. An Automated Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator implanted for a "sudden death event" has not fired in a six month period or that the Automated Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator was implanted for prophylactic reasons and has not fired in a six month period
2. He/she is classified as either American Heart Association functional Class I, Class II, or does not have heart disease
3. To a reasonable degree of medical certainty, he/she is medically qualified to operate a commercial vehicle
A health care provider may use the Registry of Motor Vehicles'/Department of Public Utilities School Bus and School Pupil Transport (7D) Operator Cardiovascular Medical Evaluation Form to deliver this evaluation.