The following are not allowed in the testing area:
1. Food or drinks
2. Children – If the customer does not have someone with him/her to watch the child, the customer’s exam must be rescheduled.
3. Animals – The only exception to this policy is service animals (any animal individually trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability).
4. Driver’s Manuals, books, or other written materials.
The following items are allowed in the testing area, but cannot be used by the customer:
1. Electronic devices - All electronic devices must be turned off and put underneath the customer’s chair.
2. Headphones – Headphones or earpieces must be removed before the customer takes the exam.
3. Bags – The customer cannot open any bag and must keep it on the floor under the chair.
The customer is responsible for all of his/her belongings. Registry of Motor Vehicles employees cannot hold a customer’s belongings while he/she is taking an exam.
If a customer is taking multiple learner’s permit exams and needs to take a break between them, he/she can have a representative pause the exam session and resume it when he/she returns.
Any time a representative receives an application for a Class M learner’s permit exam, he/she must check the restriction field to ensure that the customer does not have a Z restriction. If the customer has a Z restriction, he/she is not eligible to take the Class M learner’s permit exam until the Z restriction is lifted or has expired.
A $5 fee will be charged for each Driver’s Manual, Motorcycle Manual, or Commercial Driver’s License Manual purchased in a service center. The fee for a driving school to purchase a case of Driver’s Manuals will be $150.