G Restriction

If the customer wishes to have the G restriction removed from his/her permit/license, he/she must either submit a Vision Screening Certificate or doctor’s letter indicating that he/she is eligible for an unrestricted license or he/she must pass a nighttime road test.


If the customer has a G restriction and desires to take a nighttime road test to determine his/her ability to drive safely at night, he/she must request the nighttime road test in writing to the Medical Affairs of the Registry of Motor Vehicles.