Foreign Language Documents

Translations certified by bilingual notaries public are acceptable.  Therefore, when a customer presents a document that is not written or printed in the English language, it must be accompanied by a translation that is certified by a bilingual teacher at an accredited Massachusetts college, university, or private language school, by a bilingual notary public, or by the local consulate for the document’s country of origin.  If translated by a teacher or consulate, the translation must be printed on the letterhead of the consulate, college, university, or private language school and it must be properly formatted.  If translated by a notary, the translation must have the notary’s official seal.


Click here for a sample Translation Certificate.